Erin Stewart created a stunning canvas and is nice enough to share in a step-by-step tutorial how she made it!
Supplies: 6×6 Paper Pad (35901) – XOXO, Valentine (58868) – Ribbon, White (AM710-81) Cardstock, Embroidery Stencil Kit (63069) – Yes Please
1) To make this love-themed heart canvas you will need: American Crafts XOXO Paper Pad, 1.5" circle punch, Amy Tangerine Embroidery Stencil Kit, 12×12 cardstock, glue, white pen, and a 16×20" canvas.
2) Start by making a large heart heart template from 12×12 cardstock. This heart is 11 inches in length and I used my die cut machine.
3) Use the 1.5" circle punch to cut your circles that will make up the scallops. I completely punched one of each paper from the 6×6 XOXO paper pad as well as a few circles from gold glittered paper.
3) Start at the bottom of the cardstock heart and adhere the punched circles in rows. Each row should overlap the previous one. This creates a scalloped effect.
4) After the cardstock heart is completely covered in punched circles, trim the excess with a craft knife or scissors.
5) Add white pen stitching to the edge of some of the punched circles.
6) Adhere the heart to the canvas.
7) Use the Amy Tangerine Embroidery Kit to stitch the word "LOVE" at the bottom of the canvas then admire your work!
Today there is another chance to win an XOXO prize pack worth over $45! In fact, we'll pick TWO winners from today!
Leave a comment on this post by Friday February 15th 2013 and we'll choose a winner and let them be known in Friday morning's post!