If your summer is jam-packed with fun then this post is for you! Gina Lideros (Blog: Gina Lideros | Instagram: @ginalideros | Pinterest: @gina_lideros | Twitter: @ginalideros) has a photo tutorial to help you stay organized in a custom daybook:
Supplies: Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370134) – Spiral Bound 52 Week Journal, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370108) – Washi Tape Book, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370109) Metal Rimmed Tags, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370091) – Accents & Phrases W/ Glossy Accents, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370096) – Plastic Glitter Bows, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370099) – Ephemera W/ Gold Foil, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370077) – Acetate Transparency Darling, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370087) – Accents & Phrases Foiled Chipboard, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370088) – Confetti Hearts Colorful Chipboard Thickers, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370089) – Woodland Gold Foiled Foam, #Summer (366963) – Journaling & Phrases, #Summer (366968) – Acrylic Shapes Ice Cream
1. Begin by choosing the products you would like to use in the album. I used the Fine & Dandy and #Summer collections. I started by getting everything ready and laying out my supplies before adhering them down. Adhere two strips of washi tape and then layer the title on top. Use a sewing machine to stitch the title.
2. Create a tab with washi tape on the "Today I Will" page and staple down. Lay out title before gluing down. Add stickers, acrylic camera shape, and phrase stamp to pages.
3. Next, I put together a page for summer birthdays. I thought the "currently Makes Me Happy" page and the calendar next to it was perfect for birthdays. Adhere chipboard pieces to page and staple down. Adhere a small envelop and tuck in a small metal rimmed tag.
4. Staple on a pair of acrylic sunglasses to the "Best Days Ever" page and stamp a phrase underneath. Adhere a square photo overlay to adjoining page. Decorate with chipboard and stickers.
5. Next, adhere a 4×6 photo overlay frame to "favorite books" page with a strip of washi tape. Adhere cherry wood veneer sticker piece. Staple typewriter ephemera piece to adjoining page. Tear a strip of washi and adhere underneath. Add cork sticker and star sticker to page.
6. Create a tab with washi tape and staple down on "Places I want to Travel to" page. Stamp phrase stamp just below title. Embellish by adding road trip wood veneer piece and acrylic sunglasses. Trim a piece of acetate transparency and adhere to adjoining page with washi tape. Use a sewing machine to stitch in place. Layer title and ephemera pieces.
7. Lastly, adhere ephemera to page then stamp page with phrase stamp. Adhere a small strip
of washi tape across the bottom of the page and staple down with mini stapler. Finish by adhering plastic bow.
I hope this tutorial has inspired you to create your own Summer daybook! I still have some
empty pages to fill and will fill them as we check off things on our Summer to do list!