Hello crafty friends it’s Lucile! I am here today to talk about something I love: we are going to talk about mixed media! Today, I am going to walk you through how I create a page using one of my favorite mixed media techniques. I love Vicki Boutin’s mixed media products. They are easy to use and allow you to test lots of techniques. You can make watercolors, stencils, texture paste and so many other things!
For this page, we are going to start with a background that’s already been made. It’s always hard to start with a blank page! At the beginning of every mixed media project, there are always so many questions to ask! Which color should I choose? What technique should I use? How do I start? Vicki Boutin has released pages with overlays already done. I love these because they give me so many ideas. I ended up choosing a page with traces of paint.
Using Texture Paste:
The first step is to apply an iridescent texture paste. Use a spatula to apply a thin layer. I love this paste because it adds a shiny accent to my page. Then, all you have to do is wait until it’s dry!
Creating with Stencils:
Once dry, I added stars with a stencil. For this, I used white structure paste that I applied to my stencil. Next, wait until it dries or you can use an electric embosser to reduce the drying time.
Then I create embellishment with stamps. I used Vicki Boutin golden ink and a star stamp. I love creating new embellishments and making them unique.
Starting the Layout:
Once I liked my background and my embellishments were ready, I started my layout. First, I backed my photo with white cardstock. Next, I selected die cuts and words that went with my background color. Finally, I added my embellishments and some wooden stars to add volume to my layout.
I hope you liked this layout and made you discover my techniques for mix media with the Vicki Boutin product.
- Let’s Wander Collection : Embellishment Pack (ac-355340), Washi Tape with Foil Accents (ac-355339), Ephemera (ac-355337), Phrase – Let’s Wander – Champagne Gold Foil Accents (ac-355334), 6 x 12 Cardstock Stickers (ac-355335), Stencil Pack – Starstruck (ac-354112), Stamps and Dies Set – Let’s Go (ac-352261), 12 x 12 Paper Pad – Mixed Media with Foil Accents (ac-355331)
- Wildflower and Honey Collection : Medium – Ink Pad – Metallic (ac-354116)
- Color Kaleidoscope Collection : Palette Knife – Silicon (ac-348092)
- All The Good Things Collection : Mediums – Matte Acrylic Gel (ac-343916)
- Texture paste iridescent (ac-351109)