Nancy Damiano (Blog: Nancy Damiano | Instagram: @nancydamiano | Pinterest: @nancydamiano | Twitter: @DamianoNancy | Facebook: Nancy Damiano) was our guest designer just last week and now we're so excited to officially have her on our team!
Supplies: Finders Keepers (340324) Bright Eyes Patterned Paper, Finders Keepers (340320) Field Trip Patterned Paper, Cardstock (71081) 12×12 White, Finders Keepers (340233) Follow Alphabet Thickers, Finders Keepers (340234) Today Thickers, Finders Keepers (340243) Printed Cardstock and Acetate Shapes with Gold Foil, Finders Keepers (340235) Clear Stickers, Finders Keepers (340238) Rub-On Transfer Sheet, Finders Keepers (340231) 6×6 Paper Pad, Finders Keepers (340237) Puffy Stickers
How to: Start by creating the base of your page. Cut 1" off a 12×12 sheet of white cardstock and place on blue patterned paper. Use a ruler to draw a vertical line on the left side of your base. Place a long title using the Follow alpha Thickers along the line. Remember to leave a gap for the script horizontal Follow Thickers. Draw a horizontal line that intersects the long title and place the white Follow thickers title. Next, glue down a sheet of 6×6 patterned paper in the intersecting corner of the title. Layer the photo and pineapple square. Transfer the pink rub on just below where the journaling will sit to highlight the area. Tuck the journaling card and glue down. Transfer two dotted lines of rub on transfer just below the pink rub on and just following the "here we go" title. Add two puffy arrow stickers to highlight the dotted lines and one aqua clear sticker to the bottom right hand corner.
Short bio: I live in New Jersey with my husband, son, and a gaggle of nieces and nephews that I adore. They are a big part of our lives. I love a good story and good design. I have a passion for the color aqua, Disney World, and anything paper + craft. I’ve been making things for as long as I can remember. I learned long ago that the best things are handmade!
Favorite thing to scrap: A mix of everyday life and moments. It’s more about the story for me. If I have something to say, I scrapbook it.
Favorite American Crafts product: Without a doubt, the 6×6 paper pads. I love using bits and pieces of pattern in my layouts. Neutral backgrounds with pops of color is my favorite design aesthetic. The American Crafts 6×6 paper pads deliver on both.
5 fun facts:
1. I love the color aqua. Like really love it. My home, clothing, nails, shoes… are covered in it.
2. When I was little, I liked to make things with my hands. Latch hook rugs, cross stitch, paint-by-numbers, macramé – I loved them all.
3. I’ve never been to a concert because I don’t have the attention span to watch someone sing. Musicals make me shudder.
4. I know everyone in my local Dunkin Donuts by name. Twice a day every day, I stop for a latte. It’s an expensive habit I’m trying to break, but I need my Dunkin’!
5. I am a total Disney freak. I’ve been 12+ times to Disney World and I never ever get tired of it. That place is pure magic.
Get ready to be stunned by Nancy's layouts, cards, projects, and more(!) over the next six months!