Location: Katy, TX
Short bio: I am a 30-something hospitality interior designer turned wife and SAHM to a 6-month old girly. We live outside of Houston, Texas now but have lived in several states, as well as the UK during our five years together. When I'm not creating with pretty paper, I enjoy cooking and baking, traveling, and spending time with my family (which also includes my English Golden Retriever, Toby!)
Favorite thing to scrap: At the moment, my daughter, Elizabeth. She was born early at 25 weeks, and I feel blessed every day to have her in my life.
Favorite American Crafts product: While I do love my Thickers collection, I have to say that I get so excited about the Bits cardstock die cuts. They are so useful for embellishing a layout and adding those perfect touches!
5 fun facts:
1. I am highly accident prone. I almost ruined the perfect proposal by seriously burning my leg on a moped muffler. Luckily, my husband kept his cool and popped the question a few minutes later on the beach!
2. I am one of those crazy spinning people! It's the only group exercise class I've really gotten into.
3. I love to cook and bake. My dream is to go to culinary school and open my own bakery cafe.
4. Because I previously designed hotels, my favorite part about traveling is the hotel stay. I have high expectations.
5. My husband is a Brit and although we speak the same language, I often have to be his translator for other Americans!
Supplies: Vanilla (710-41) – Cardstock, Flourishing Flowers Paper (366180) – Polka Dot Party, Fascinating Friends Paper (366165) – Polka Dot Party, 6×6 Paper Pad (366214) – Polka Dot Party, Die Cut Cards (366209) – Polka Dot Party, RSVP (366191) – Thickers, Gold (96039) – Glitter Tape
Supplies: Neutrals (71252) – Cardstock, Grainy Goodness Paper (366049) – Cut & Paste, Infatuation Paper (366030) – Cut & Paste, Fascinating Friends Paper (366165) – Polka Dot Party, My Thoughts Exactly Paper (366052) – Cut & Paste, Command-V Paper (366031) – Cut & Paste, Cut Out Accents (366060) – Thickers, Cut Out (366058) – Thickers, Harper (366064) – Remarks, Simplify (85628) – Details, Adhesive Badges (85624) – Flair, Baker’s Twine (366303) – Primio, Clear Acrylic Stamp (366079) – Cut & Paste, Rotary Stamp (366080) – Cut & Paste, Black (62311) – Precision Pen
Meghann says, "'Fussy cutting' images from patterned paper is one of my favorite techniques and is a great way to add unique embellishment to your layouts. For really difficult images like the flower, a handheld blade is easiest to get into the little spaces."