Location: Shelbyville, KY
Short bio: When it comes to design and décor, Kelly Goree is completely eclectic. She constantly strives to incorporate things she loves within a wide variety of design styles and color palettes to keep things interesting and exciting (much to her husband’s dismay). Her love of color, quirky elements and bold patterns carries over to her self-proclaimed “classic with a twist” scrapbooking style. In 2006 Kelly had the honor of being a Memory Makers Master and since then has worked with many leaders of the scrapbooking industry including American Crafts, BasicGrey, Simple Stories, Technique Tuesday, and Queen & Company. She currently enjoys being on the design team for Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine in addition to having projects featured regularly in various scrapbooking and paper arts publications. Kelly lives in the beautiful horse country of Kentucky with her husband and three boys.
Favorite thing to scrap: SPORTS! Hands down. With three boys I better love it! (Conversely – my LEAST favorite thing to scrap is Christmas!)
Favorite American Crafts product: Everyone is saying THICKERS aren't they? I have to be different because I truly love all the papers and embellishments and say the ALBUMS! I can't live without my AC Modern Albums. I have close to 30 and show no signs of slowing!
5 fun facts:
1. I am from Kentucky – Louisville, even – but I've never been to the Kentucky Derby. I've been close…but then it decided to hail on us on the way there and we thought better of it. Crazy, I know.
2. I taught dance (tap, jazz and ballet) to little girls 3-8 years old to have spending money throughout college. It was a good thing I got my girl fix in then as now I'm the mom to three little boys who would vehemently object to me putting them in tutus and tights. (Ok, not the tights. Superheroes DO wear tights.)
3. I have an addition to McDonald's Diet Coke. Seriously. It's worse than any drug.
4. I’m double jointed in my left thumb. Just that joint only. No others. I have yet to figure out something useful to do with it.
5. My driver's license says I'm 5'1, but it's really more like 5' 1/2". Some people lie about their age. For me, it’s this.
Supplies: Section 1 (366033) – Cut & Paste, Cross My Heart (35388) – Cut & Paste, Bits Die Cut Shapes (366068) – Cut & Paste
Other AC Product: Scallop border punch, White cardstock (white pack), yellow cardstock (Tropicals), This to That Adhesive, Pen
Kelly says, "One of the easiest ways I find to make a quick & fun card is by using the scraps from a layout I've just done. This card was made after I made my About Me blog hop layout!"
Supplies: Warm Welcom (366160) – Polka Dot Party, Fascinating Friends (366165) – Polka Dot Party, Terrific Tunes (366170) – Polka Dot Party, Picture Perfect (366163) – Polka Dot Party, Flourishing Flowers (366180) – Polka Dot Party, Die-Cut Frames (366199) – Polka Dot Party, Die Cut Shapes (366205) – Polka Dot Party, Extra Large Tags (366206) – Polka Dot Party
Other American Crafts Supplies: White cardstock, Black pen, Scallop Border punch, This to That adhesive.
"I call myself a 'paper conservationist' because I never throw away pieces of my patterned paper. I love and use it all – case in point, the tear strips on the AC papers. They're the best and you ca see two of them on this layout!"