Returning for another year is Design Team Member Heather Leopard:
Blog: Heather Leopard
Location: Cypress, TX
Short bio: Heather has enjoyed capturing and documenting memories as far back as she can remember but it was the birth of her children and her desire to capture candid photos and document their stories that reignited her passion for scrapbooking. She considers her style to be Layered Chic, mixing, matching and layering multiple patterns in unique, innovative ways. Heather has an eye for details and enjoys storytelling journaling. Her work has been published in many leading print and specialty print magazines. Heather designs for American Crafts and Simple Stories as well as Gossamer Blue kit club. Heather leads marketing initiatives for a leading computer company and lives in Cypress, Texas with her husband, two daughters and her bonus son.
Favorite thing to scrap: I take a million photos of every family event, activity, and trip and while I do scrap those pictures, my most favorite thing to scrap are the daily life adventures of my children. I try to find the small little details that capture the essence of whatever it is we are doing and I focus in on those photos and moments.
Favorite American Crafts product: Patterned paper!!! I love mixing and matching in unique ways to help complete the story of the photos.
5 fun facts:
1. My hubby and I got engaged while on vacation in St. Lucia and got married on the beach 3 days later. 11 years and 3 kids later and we are stronger than ever!
2. I love a great adventure, from scuba diving in beautiful places (sometimes with free-roaming sharks) to playing in an enclosure with lion cubs to exciting roller coasters. I'm always up for a thrill.
3. When I turn off the house alarm after coming home, I have to time myself to enter the deactivation codes with the rhythm of the alarm warning beeps. Weird, I know.
4. We have two rescue dogs who are super sweet and very spoiled.
5. I am lucky enough to work at home for a global company that offers me tremendous flexibility but also allows me to travel to places around the world that I've always dreamed of visiting.
Supplies: Shimelle (368140) – Keller paper, (368148) – Jamison paper, (368146) – Resnick paper, (368137) – Crane paper, (368151) – Baxter paper, (368144) – Ride paper, (368173) – die cut cardstock shapes, (368162) – Fitzgerald glitter letter stickers, (368163) – Dunbar foil letter stickers
How to: Choose a background paper with little pattern to it. Choose 1 paper with little background or a tone on tone background. Trim it to a 10×10 and adhere it to the background paper, flush to the right and bottom edge. Stitch the top (and fold the paper up) and stitch the middle of the paper. Select 2 more papers with a fun pattern, like the stripes and hearts paper I used. Cut them into super duper large page corners. Adhere to the top left and bottom right. Add layers behind your photo. Add embellishments and your title. Tuck your journaling under your photo layers or write it under your title.