Location: Spanish Fort, AL
Short bio: My name is Ashley Horton and I live in the Southern US with my husband Tyler and our three kids ages 7, 5, and 4. I have been scrapbooking for 7 and a half years and was introduced to my first Creative Memories Crop by a friend. Once I discovered all of the magazines and online Scrapbooking galleries and communities, I really fell in love with it. I have had the privilege of serving on many amazing Design Teams over the past several years and I have been published in Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbook Trends, Scrapbook News & Review, and Life.Paper.Scrapbook. Other than scrapbooking, I enjoy spending time with my family, cooking, reading, and watching movies with my hubby.
Favorite thing to scrap: I love to scrap everyday moments. Those are the ones that are harder to remember as time passes so those are the memories I want to record on my layouts.
Favorite American Crafts product: I would have to say Thickers and patterned papers are even favorites!
5 fun facts:
1. I usually create at least 5-7 layouts a week…if not more. It's an addiction.
2. I like to drink my Coke hot…no ice. I want to get the full caffeine effect!
3. I am more an action/sci-fi movie kind of girl, rather than chick flicks…although, I still watch them.
4. I have a compulsive reading addiction. I can read the same books over and over again, and if I had the time, I could just sit and read all day.
5. I am not a big reality TV fan, but I do love Project Runway, Ink Masters (weird, I know) and Iron Chef America. I think it's because of the aspect that they all are creating something and it falls in line with the creativity I feel for scrapbooking.
Supplies: 6×6 Paper Pad (35993) – Lucky Charm, White (71259) – Cardstock, Zazz (27467) – Glitter Glue, Kitten (53448) – Thickers, Wild Hearts (35962) – Lucky Charm,
Noteworthy (35963) – Lucky Charm, Doting Dots (35964) – Lucky Charm, Bits (85655) – Lucky Charm, Life (42365) – Remarks, Flair Badge (85624) – Yes Please
Soda Pop (42361) – Remarks
Ashley says, "Sometimes when creating a layout, I don't want the design to be so much about the theme in my design, but I want it to be about the colors in my photos. The papers from the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection worked perfectly with the colors in my daughter's swimsuit, and I also added a slight nautical touch for the beach theme by creating a sunburst and Cameo cut waves."
Supplies: Park Avenue (35834) – Soho Garden, Storytime Street (35804) – 5th & Frolic, Fox (53414) – Thickers, 6×6 Paper Pad (35827) – 5th & Frolic, Awesome Badge (85624) – Flair, Screenprinted Clothespins (85662) – Dear Lizzy, Inspire (63069) – Embroidery Stencil Kit, Capture (63070) – Embroidery Stencil Kit, Bits (85626) – Yes Please, Phrase Roller Stamp (59177) – Lucky Charm
"I love using my Silhouette Cameo to create custom looks on my layouts. I took inspiration for this layout from the triangle pattern on the Storytime Street paper from the 5th & Frolic collection, and cut my own triangle shapes then used the positive and negative shapes in my design."