Patricia Roebuck is here today to show us in a step-by-step photo tutorial how to make these adorable altered frame using a Silhouette:
White (71081) – Cardstock, 6×6 Paper Pad (35841) – Soho Garden, Decorative Flowers (77292) – Dear Lizzy, Brads (85597) – Dear
Lizzy, Buttons & Accents (85598) – Dear Lizzy, Midtown Layered
Chipboard Stickers (42271) – Remarks, Mayfair Adhesive Layered
Embellishments (85606) – Details, Bellrose Molded Paper Flowers (85609) –
Flower Shoppe, Poppy District Stickers (42273) – Remarks, Field House
Paper Leaves Shapes (85592) – Amy Tangerine, Foam Dots (61709) – This to
That, Adhesive Dispenser (AM617-11) – This to That, Flower by American
Crafts, Design ID #18741 – Silhouette, Flower by American Crafts, Design
ID #18742 – Silhouette, Bicycle by American Crafts, Design ID #19531 –
1) This video will show you how I used the Silhouette Studio to change the colors of the print and cut flower design, how I welded my title to a design to create my own unique title, and create an outline around the title with the Silhouette sketch pens.
2) Now that I have my title and flowers cut and sketched from the Silhouette, I’m going to add different pieces of patterned paper to the back of the title using the Soho 6×6 paper pad.
3) Once the title is finished, I adhere the cardstock to the acrylic (this frame has acrylic instead of glass, but a glass frame would work as well). Since the frame is larger than 12×12, I added another piece of cardstock, trimmed the end, and lined up the seam as best I could. Next, I start placing the print and cut flowers along with Soho Garden stickers and flowers, 5th & Frolic brads and buttons, and Amy Tangerine leaves. I just laid them out first to decide how I liked the look before adhering anything. As I laid the flowers and embellishments out, I found it was a good idea to put the frame over the design to see what would show and where to place things.
4) I added one more cut file to this project, the bike. The original design of the bike points to the left. From the menu in Silhouette Studio, I did Object-Transform-Mirror Options-Mirror Right. I used some foam adhesive on some of the flowers and the bike to add a little more dimension.
5) Once everything was adhered, I put this all into the frame again. For even more dimension, adhere some flowers onto the frame itself.
6) Hang up your finished project and enjoy! Thanks for taking a look!