Heather Leopard (Blog: Heather Leopard | Instagram: @heatherleopard | Pinterest: @heatherleopard | Twitter: @heatherleopard) has a couple of handmade bookmarks using the Shimelle collection (minus pink!) for the blog today:
Wander Bookmark how to:
- Pick your favorite patterns from your favorite American crafts collection. Make sure to choose a mix of subtle and busy patterns, with more on the subtle side.
- Chose one pattern as your background and cut it approximately 1.5” wide and about 6” long.
- Next, layer different patterns over each other.
- Stitch along the edges to adhere them down.
- Stitch fun patterns , like a zig zag, the Star and diamond shown here.
I think I’ll Stop Here Bookmark how to:
- Chose one pattern as your background and cut it approximately 2” wide and about 5” long.
- Cut another pattern (Be Happy) just slightly smaller in width.
- Stitch along the edges to the background. Add any extra stitching you wish to add.
- Choose a favorite phrase and adhere it to the top of the bookmark with your favorite adhesive, leaving the bottom with a pocket so you can slip it over a page in your book.
- Add a few thin embellishments.
Cute and functional – my favorite kind of project!