I stumbled across the most tasty looking recipe for holiday bark (link: http://www.bakersroyale.com/holiday-bark-series-mint-chocolate-chip-bark/) while online the other day. I decided to transform it from a Christmas dessert into something with a Halloween theme that the kids and I can make right now.
Apparently you can turn any dessert into something spooky by simply adding eyes to it, but we decided to take it a step further and create a sugar icing “wrap” to create tasty little mummies.
Here is the recipe to make your own Minty Mummy Bark:
- 1 Package Andes Mints (28 count)
- 2 Cups pretzel pieces
- 1 20 oz package Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 20 oz package White Chocolate Morsels
- Green food coloring
- Candy eyes
- Sugar icing with tips
- Chop one package Andes Mints into coarse pieces and set aside.
- Chop salted pretzels into coarse pieces and set aside.
- Melt 1 package dark chocolate morsels in a double boiler until smooth.
- Quickly spread the melted chocolate thinly over wax paper on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the melted chocolate with the chopped mints and pretzel pieces, pressing them gently into the chocolate.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to set.
- Melt 1 package white chocolate morsels in a double boiler until smooth.
- Add green food coloring to the melted white chocolate and incorporate. A little goes a very long way, so add the coloring one small drop at a time and stir in between drops until you are satisfied.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the now set bark from the fridge. Smooth it out as before making sure to cover as much of the dark chocolate layer as you can.
- Put in the fridge to set at least overnight.
- When the bark is set, break it up and start decorating with edible candy eyes and sugar icing.
- Eat it all, make more!
We decided to share the chocolatey love with some of our neighbors so we packaged our little mummies into the perfect Halloween themed treat tins from American Crafts. The boys had the most fun putting these little gifts together and walking around the neighborhood passing them out to our friends and playmates.
We hope your Halloween is filled with good friends, good eats, and even better treats!
Supplies: Homemade with Love Small Food Craft Tins (374260), Homemade with Love Large Food Craft Tins (374261), Homemade with Love Food Craft Tissue (374262),