Jen Chesnick created an adorable magic wand and crown using the Lucky Charm line for her sweet daughter and now she's going to show us how to make them in a step-by-step tutorial:
MAGIC WAND AND CROWN by Jen Chesnick
Wand supplies: Starlight Paper (35981) – Lucky Charm, Stargazers Paper (35982) – Lucky Charm, Accents & Phrases (42394) – Remarks, Trinket Accents (42391) – Thickers, Premium Ribbon (58870) – Dear Lizzy Value Ribbon, Christmas (35624) – AC Cardstock Assortment, Ribbon (84929) – SoHo Ribbon
Crown supplies: Starlight Paper (35981) – Lucky Charm, Stargazers Paper (35982) – Lucky Charm, 6×6 Paper Pad (35990) – Lucky Charm, Adhesive Badges (85658) – Flair, Spring (71253) – AC Cardstock Assortment, Mixed Glitter 12pk (27395) – WOW!
1) To start I found a file in the Silhouette store that made a round box and die cut them from cardstock. I wanted my wand to be sort of a rattle too since my girl is so little still.
2) I glued the sides together as shown and assembled the top and bottom pieces.
3) Before I secured the top I filled my wand with small buttons and confetti from scrap paper.
4) Punch a hole in the sides to insert your dowel. I secured my dowel using hot glue on the top and the bottom.
5) Next up is the ribbon! This is the part I was very excited to figure out. Thanks to Pinterest I found a tutorial on how to permanently curl ribbon: Wrap ribbon around excess dowels and secure with clothespins. Bake the ribbon-wrapped dowels at 250 degrees for 20 minutes then let them fully cool.
6) The heat sets the ribbon and you are good to go! So cool!
7) Once I had the ribbon set I decorated the front of my wand with Lucky Charm papers and stickers. I wrapped my dowel with more ribbon and secured it with hot glue.
8) I attached my ribbon tails with hot glue and covered the top with a small piece of ribbon to finish it off.
9) Once I had the wand together I decided she needs a crown, of course. I simply cut one from the Silhouette store and decorated it.
10) I added a sparkly touch using Wow! Glitter to the tips of the crown.
So stinkin' cute!