Hi guys! Gina Lideros here and today I’ll be sharing my recipe for homemade donuts that are perfect for any get-together this summer!
How To Create the Banner:
Cut donuts out of cardstock and patterned papers using cut files from the Silhouette design store, and use adhesive to glue different pieces of each donut together. String donuts to hemp twine by adhering each one down with washi tape. Display and enjoy!
How to Create Gift Label and Packaging:
Adhere a 4 inch doily to a large piece of lace. Trim a banner piece out of Say Yes Acetate paper and adhere to the center of the doily. Spell out the words "Hole Lotta Love", a play on words for donut holes, using puffy thickers and glitter foam thickers. Then, cut two 8"x8" squares of different colored tissue paper. Place tissue paper at an overlapping diagonal angle and place treats inside.
Homemade Donut Recipe
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3/8 cup milk
- 2 tbsp shortening
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar for dusting or glaze
- Stir the vinegar into the milk, and let stand for a few minutes until thick.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well-blended. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture alternating with the vinegar and milk.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/3 inch thickness. Cut into donuts using a donut cutter. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet to 375 degrees. Fry donuts in the hot oil until golden, turning them over once. Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar (or your favorite type of glaze) while they are still warm, and serve immediately.
Tip: Try glazing your donuts with different glazes and toppings for more variations.
You can download Gina's recipe here.
Homemade with Love (374270) – Large Summer Treat Tins, Starshine (374026) – Horizon, Starshine (374030) – Odyssey, Cardstock (AM71-464) – Smooth Kraft 12×12, Cardstock (AM71-793) – Smooth White, Cardstock (AM710-48) – Textured Chestnut, Happy Place (373662) – Acetate Say Yes, Happy Place (373665) – Good Vibes/ Gold Glittered Foam Thickers, Happy Place (373667) – Hardcover/ Pink Puffy Thickers, Ribbon (366305) – Hemp Twine White, Other: lace, washi tape, 4 inch doily, color tissue paper, Silhouette Studio cut file: Donut by Echo Park Design ID #77592