Check out this gorgeous frame made by Nancy Damiano (Blog: Nancy Damiano | Instagram: @nancydamiano | Pinterest: @nancydamiano | Twitter: @DamianoNancy | Facebook: Nancy Damiano) and then follow along in a step-by-step photo tutorial so you can make one too!
Supplies: Finders Keepers (340247) – Wood Slices, Finders Keepers (340231) – 6×6 Paper Pad, Finders Keepers (40233) – Follow Thickers, Finders Keepers (340238) – Rub On, Serendipity (369206) – 6×6 Paper Pad, Sticky Thumb Adhesive (340264) – Double-Sided Super Sticky Red Tape .5”, Cardstock (71081) – White
1. Find an 8 1/2 x 11" white frame and remove the glass from the center. Place a sheet of white cardstock for the background of your project. You’ll also want to use an electronic die cut machine to cut two white leaves (7 x 3" and 6 x 2 1/2").
2. Choose an assortment of patterned papers from a 6×6 pad. Don’t be afraid to use colors that aren’t traditionally Fall! This will give your project an eclectic look.
3. Cut strips from the patterned paper pad and glue them to the back of the leaf die cut. You can either cover every open space or just randomly place strips like I did here. I wanted some of the white background to show through, but either method works.
4. Next, place the Finders Keepers wood circles in the lower center of the frame just overlapping the leaves. Don’t glue them down just yet. We are simply measuring out the space for the title right now. Center the Finders Keepers Follow Thicker Alpha to create the ‘Autumn’ title.
5. Apply rub ons to add text or images to the wood slices. Remember to rub gently for the best results. Here I layered a pink watercolor rub on and then a white tree to create a shadow effect.
6. Use double-sided Sticky Thumb red tape adhesive to securely attach the wood slices to the background.
Hang and enjoy!