Hi guys! It's Nancy and vacation mini books are one of my favorite projects to make. Little snapshots and details of a trip bring all the memories back – I love them! I wanted to keep this project clean and simple. The DIY Shop 4 collection with its beautiful patterns and classic gold embellishments is perfect to create a mini book of memories. Let's take a closer look at how it all came together.
- Make a mouse head template from clip art. Trace and cut out of the DIY Shop 4 star transparency.
- Add gold and white Thickers to the cover and tie with some gold string.
- For each of the pages, use a mix of transparencies, white cardstock and Amy Tangerine die cut tags.
- Add gold and white flair and gold puffy hearts for accents.
- Use a variety of American Crafts roller stamps to add words and the date to each page.
Let's start out the story with a photo of the clock on Main Street and everyone's favorite icon – the castle!
The next few pages capture some details from the Happiest Place on Earth – the confectionary and bunches of balloons on Main Street.
Next, highlight favorite rides, restaurants or special vacation spots. Choose the ones that bring you right back to that place and time. For me, it's Peter Pan!
To end the story, I used a photo of the clock which tells the time we left. That was a very long day in the parks! Taking photos of all the little details is a great way to tell a vacation story. The journaling is minimal (or nonexistent) because the photos do all of the talking.
SUPPLIES: DIY Shop 4 (376326) – Gold Star Acetate), (376327) – White Numbers Acetate, (376308) – Follow Thickers, (376310) – Gold Puffy Numbers, (376312) – Gold Puffy Hearts, (376313) – Gold and White Flair, (376313) – Clear Gold Stickers.