Supplies: #Heatwave (366950) – #Summer, #Blueskies (366953) – #Summer, 6×6 Paper Pad (366984) – #Summer, #Adventure (366970) – Pinwheels, #Vacation (366964) – Bits, Niki Riki (366959) – Thickers, #Carefree (366972) – Screenprinted Clothespin, #Sunshine (366963) – Journaling & Phrase Sticker Book
1. Begin by laying the Wood Slats over a piece of cardboard or chipboard, and mark where you need to cut for the cardboard or chipboard to be placed behind the slats. Cut it just a little smaller than the size of your slats, once they are laid out.
2. Measure one of your slats on a piece of patterned paper. Mark on the backside of your patterned paper so no marks will show on the front side.
3. Cut the patterned paper measured for each of your slats and adhere it using a thin layer of Mod Podge. Smooth down your paper once it's in place to avoid bubbling.
4. After the Mod Podge is dry, use an Emory Board or Distressing Tool to sand around the edges of each slat to create a worn look. Then use your foam brush and paint around the edges with a small touch of White Acrylic paint.
5. Now you can add the slats to your cardboard or chipboard piece using a hot glue gun. I lined up my slats a little off center to create an uneven look.
6. Print out the photo you want to use. Mine is sized to 3.5in square. Cut a mat for your photo from one of the patterned papers in the 6×6 Paper Pad. Add some pop dots to the back of your photo to create dimension on your project.
7. Now the really fun part… embellish your project with Thickers, Wood Veneers, Pinwheels, and Screenprinted Clothespins! There are so many great embellishments in the #Summer collection that make it easy to personalize your project!
So don't let the end of summer get you down… enjoy your summer memories by bringing the beach home with you!